Wednesday, March 23, 2011

AwesomeSauce!


Nope this isn't a product review... I just like saying "awesomesauce"sometimes. Compared to the last entry I am feeling much better. Despite some things that are still irritating me I am suffering from a sunny disposition at the moment so I will just go with it!

It is looking like the amount of hours I will get in before this pay-period ends for my work at home job should get me to the amount I need for Mexico. So whatever we save these next two weeks can be money for our Seattle trip (I am estimating at least 500 between the three of us...not too bad) ! YAY! I feel less stressed knowing we can go on vacation and not have to freak about money. I feel less stressed period when I feel like money issues are in order. (yay for finally learning to keep track of my spending!) We could probably afford to even do some fun touristy things!

I am looking forward to Seattle and despite wishing I could have been smaller than I am now before going, I am going to enjoy this trip! I have always wanted to go and I am finally going. I said one day I would make it to the west coast of the USA and by golly I am! Last year was such a rough year...a really rough year. I refuse to let this year be follow suit, so I have grabbed 2011 by the balls and told it that it will be mine! 2010 had its way with me but I'll be damned if 2011 does the same!

In January I said I wanted to finally go for weight loss surgery to get this weight off once and for all and in approximately 47 days I will. I wanted to get a second job working from home and I did. I'm freaking pumped, I feel like this year I am coming into the true me, once and for all. I am finally learning to love me for who I am, and realizing I don't need to be what everyone else wants me to be.

I know things won't always go this great but while they are I will learn to enjoy them rather than worrying about everything that could go wrong. I have always been a worrier and it has never got me anywhere good. Things always happen for a reason and while one thing may not be good, eventually some good will come out of it. I have experienced this many times to feel justified in saying so. Most recently I had been complaining about the account I got put on at my day job and how I wish I would have just been allowed to go to this other account I had really liked. That account found out yesterday they have until May, as that client is going offshore for customer service. About 100 people from that account will not have a job. I now feel lucky that I didn't get put on there. Maybe it was luck, but regardless I still have my job and I am thankful for it now... no more complaining lol.

One of the biggest things that made me feel this way was my father's death. Losing my dad in my first semester of college sucked. I had thought I had everything planned out. I was 18 and an adult afterall! I had been accepted into a private nursing school and was supposed to start the RN program the following semester. I just had to pass my prerequisites (A&P I and Chemistry).
My father died in a car accident right in the middle of the semester. I failed both classes and lost my place in the RN program. I was told I wouldnt be able to get back in for at least another year even though I only needed to pass 2 classes to meet their requirements for the program. They didn't care what had happened.

I left that school, started community college, dropped out for a bit and just started working full time. Met a girl, became really good friends (though now we definitely are not) and she got me a job at the place I currently work. 6 months later I meet Robert. approximately 2 years later we get married. I love my husband so much and as we are about to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary (and 5 years together!) I can't help but look back and think, despite the pain I went through and how much I miss my father, if I hadn't gone through what I did, I would never have detoured from my intended path and probably never met Robert.


This is one of my favorite quotes... I need to remember it when I start to stress again:

Remember,
  • Whoever comes are the right people.
  • Whatever happens is the only thing that could have.
  • Whenever it starts is the right time.
  • Whenever it's over, it's over.

No comments: