Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Evil Scales


My scale comes out of hiding, tonight while I sleep. Tomorrow morning is the showdown. 3 weeks post op and I have no idea what to expect from that vile creature.

I can tell you I have been following my post op plan! I have determination and I refuse to waiver. Ive started working out. In fact I have been working out everyday for the last week.

Yet still the fear of getting on my scale tomorrow is there. I think we get used to seeing the number go up and up and up and feeling helpless as we watch it do so, that when we do actually start losing weight, we expect at some point the scale to start going back up, even if we are doing everything we are supposed to make it go down.

So I guess we will see what happens tomorrow. All I can do is hope for a little bit of a loss. I'd love to say I am in the 230's tomorrow but I have a feeling that may be wishful thinking. The last few days I have just felt fat. I know I have lost and I know some things are fitting looser but I guess I don't feel smaller.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

1. Good for you for hiding it.
2. Whatever loss you get, be happy!
3. Scales are evil, agreed.

Jenn said...

1.6 lb loss! I'll take it over nothing! LOL

Anonymous said...

Currently it looks like BlogEngine is the preferred blogging platform available right now.
(from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?


Feel free to surf to my web-site basal metabolic rate calculator