Monday, April 18, 2011

Hurr and Bento

So I had decided to cut my hair. short. I have always wanted it really short, in a pixie style. Because of my weight I have just been letting it grow. But I figured that with the surgery and my commitment to this change why not go for it now? Besides it will be less to deal with post-op while I'm in the hospital etc. Madi decided she was going to cut off her hair with me (though not as short) so I booked us appointments at one of the best salons in Orlando. They are well-known for funky fun cuts. Exactly what I was looking for. My hair inspiration was none other than P!nk! Fitting I think as lately her songs have seemed to be my own personal anthems. Madi also had a P!nk style in mind too lol. What can I say, great minds think alike!

Madi's hair inspiration

Her results:


My hair inspiration:


My results!



Finally... my next bento meal for Tuesday!
  • Hard-boiled eggs with cheese stars and turkey cheese rolls
  • Chunk white tuna with cheese stars
  • Iceberg lettuce with cherry tomatoes and Raspberry Vinaigrette
(I plan to put the tuna in with the salad)




I started utilizing Myfitnesspal.com to track my daily food. My pre-op diet's main restriction is on carbs. No more than 40-50 grams of carbs per day. Right now I am over that but still within healthy ranges according to myfitnesspal. I am gradually working this week to get my diet within the pre-op standards (with meals like above). Hoping to see at least a little loss this week, but am still not doing great on water intake.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Way cute haircuts (you guys look great!) and love the little lunches in the bento boxes.

FreeJulie said...

Great hair cuts! You both look fantastic! I love these bento lunches, too. I can't help but laugh, thinking of the little 2-4 oz container you'll be using soon! I hope you can make the lunches just as cute! So much more appetizing the way you make them!