Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shopping and Lunch!

I am going to start cooking again! Yep...hold the phone...Jenn is using her kitchen again!
So today Madi and I headed to the farmer's market and loaded up on veggies (mainly) and fruit. Got a HUGE amount for 30 bucks.

Next was the Asian Market where I got some random stuff I needed for the week. I bought a couple more Japanese Soda's for Madi, Robert, and me, since lets face it I won't be touching it til at least maintenance...though 70 calories for those is WAY better than reg soda :)...so those can be a treat every now and then.

Then I finally ventured to Aldi....my friend Andrea had been bugging me telling me to go shop there so I finally did. Got quite a bit for 50 bucks and only needed a couple other things which we got at WalMart.

Behold our spoils of the day!



This week I am planning to do dinner for all of us, including

Stuffed bell peppers
Tomato, Mozzerella & Avocado Salad
Tomato, Artichoke, & bean salad
Vegetarian sushi
Black bean Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries (baked with olive oil , sea salt, and Rosemary)

My lunches are going to be packed in my bento and mainly will probably have eggs and cheese with maybe an apple and one of the tomato salads from the above list.

Breakfast is just going to be a protien shake for now.

And since I realized I hadn't eaten all day when we got home, I decided to try out making a bento!

I bought some pre made tofu and sliced it up and made shiritaki noodles with some soy sauce and seasoning that I tried out. in the bottom part of the bento I sliced up strawberries and put black seedless grapes in there.



This made me happy, tasted good and was quite a healthy lil meal :)

No comments: