Monday, January 17, 2011

The dreaded intro...




Ah the dreaded intro where you awkwardly introduce yourself to the world wide web. My name is Jenn and I am currently fat. I know some people cringe at such a "cruel" word, but lets face it... that is something that I have in surplus right now. I won't waste a bunch of time saying how I was raised to clean your plate off, could eat whatever until I hit puberty, and am in a very Italian family which just brewed a recipe for disaster. Shit happens, people lose control and fuck up. What matters is that you refuse to quit until you get it right.

Which brings me to why I am here. My most recent journey has led me to seek out weight loss surgery. I know many people still very much consider it "the easy way out" and even more will expect me to gain everything back that I do happen to lose. I won't sit here and make a promise that it will never happen...that I won't at some point have to re-lose pounds that I lost before. But I am going to fucking try. I certainly won't be giving up easily.

I am 26 years old, 5'0 and 265.8 lbs. I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and I get knee and back pain a LOT. Is this the easy way out? No...I really don't think so. But right now I feel that after lots of research and even more research and thought that right now this is what I need to do to shove me back in the right direction.

I am going to be going for a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. Another factor of huge concern for those that care about me is the fact that I am having it done in Mexico. Tijuana to be exact. I know many mean well, but please if you are concerned for me, or thing I am not thinking this through, please just keep it to yourself and hope that everything goes okay with the surgery. Please trust that I am not an idiot and make sure to thoroughly check out anything and everything that I can before diving into something.

As far as my surgery date, this hasn't been set yet. however I will be sure to update you when it is. Tentatively I am looking at late April/early May for the surgery so that I can get what I need to in order before I go. Since a large part of this journey will probably be dealing with my mind and not just my stomach, I wanted to start this blog. Not only to document my progress but to be as candid as I can about my journey, my struggles, and my successes.

My name is Jenn and this is my journey to becoming a former fat girl.

-Jenn

No comments: