Thursday, January 20, 2011

Setting Up Reinforcements

Setting the date and preparing to pay my deposit is making all this very real. In a way its awesome! But it is also scary as hell!

I don't like to ever feel unprepared so the prep work is starting now. 3 months and 3 weeks out.

I found a WLS meetup group off of meetup.com and although I have not yet had the surgery I signed up and registered for their next support night. I have to say I am slightly nervous about meeting them. I am not sure if any of them did surgery out of country, but I am a little nervous of being judged about doing my surgery in Mexico. It's not that I care what they might think, but it will suck if the group feels unsupportive based on that. I will most certainly update after I go (feb 7).

I am also trying to research vitamins and supplements I will need post- surgery as well as planning out the pre-op diet I need to be on. Fail to plan and you plan to fail!

Other things that still need to be done are:
  • Update passport with married name (get a certified copy of my marriage license)
  • Help my bestie get her passport
  • book flights
  • Do taxes (this is hopefully covering the bulk of the down payment)
  • Call back the places I applied for a second job at.
  • At some point I need to do pre-op pics :P

No comments: