Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Food Stuffs

Like the new background and header?

Anways I think I am set on my pre and post-op proteins. Based on feedback from others as well as my own research regarding costs, nutrition, etc etc... here is my plans.

My goal pre-op is to keep myself in ketosis and follow the "liver shrinking" diet to ensure I give myself the best possible chance at a quick and safe surgery and recovery. Post op my goal is proteins, hydration and getting in supplements. My protein goal is 60 grams per day. Water goal 64 oz a day.

Pre-op diet, I am strictly doing Medifast and watching my carb intake (keeping it under 50 grams per day). I have done medifast before, have plenty left over so will be doing at least 10 days if not 14. I will be having my medifast shakes, grilled chicken breasts, and brocoli.



For clear liquids I think I have decided on Nature's Best Zero Carb liquid Isopure protein drinks. there is 40 gm of protien per bottle so I would be drinking 1.5 bottles a day (or at least just one since 40 grams would be okay too).

I will also be doing broth, sugar-free jello, and sugar free popsicles for the clear liquid stage as well.






For when I can do full liquids I think I am going to do skim milk and Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 from GNC

(60 gm protien for 3 scoops, 17 servings of 3 scoops)

I have heard good things about the chocolate flavor and the cookies and cream flavor.

Right now they have buy one, get one 50% off, I am debating getting them this week and testing them out, then saving the rest for after surgery .


For my supplements I am going to probably get the Gastric Sleeve Supplement kit-90 days supply

Gastric Sleeve patient startup kit was created based on the suggestions for Gastric Sleeve Patients and contains the following products:
  • 1 - Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Lozenges (400mg) - (270ct)
  • 1 - Bariatric Advantage Chewable Iron (29mg) - Passion Fruit (90 Count)
  • 1 - Bariatric Advantage Multi-Formula Chewable (w/ B-Complex) - (180 Count)
  • 1 - Bariatric Advantage Sublingual B-12 (90 Count)
I think that for about $ 118 that is not really bad at all for 3 months worth and is pretty well rounded to keep me in good health. I plan on getting more labs around the 3-6 month mark after surgery to ensure that my levels are all where they need to be.

Not much else going on... I feel like the days are crawling by... at least it is February now.

We are at approximately 3 months and 1 week away from surgery.

Waiting on the tax refund to show in the bank account then booking our flights.

Madi tried to go for her passport but now she needs to order a new copy of her birth certificate so I will be helping her with that this week. I should be good to send in my application for a new one with my married name on it.

See ya later!

Jenn

No comments: