Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Post-It's

I have to admit that if there is one thing I love to splurge on it is office supplies. Specifically I enjoy me som bright colored Post-Its! I have been doing what I said and tracking down both work and personal stuff in my new handy dandy day planner. Though since it is not a page a day version I don't have that much room to write out my feelings etc. I had tried just putting smileys but that doesn't give me a clear picture of what was going on with me that day.


So seeing as I have an over abundance of Post-It's at my desk anyways, I grabbed some from there and stuck it in the pocket of my planner. Yesterday I was upset. Someone I thought of as a friend sort of seemed to show herself as not much of a friend. I told her about a situation in confidence and she got upset about it. Really that is the most I can say about it and I don't feel that it needs any more thought and energy. So while I was still fuming, I grabbed a post it and scribbled out my feelings about the situation, stuck it to yesterday's date in my planner and drew a little sad/angry smiley. Amazingly, my anger seemed to dissipate and I was able to move on with the rest of my day and leave that crap on the post it.


I wrote out a post it today, that basically said, still a little upset about how things turned out but not dealing with it right now. Feeling a little nauseated and sick and probably going home early, but over all I am pretty happy and excited about my job interview Friday, as well as having a supportive husband and best friend. Then I drew a nice big smiley. Because it is important to acknowledge what makes you feel better, what makes you truly happy. I am going to continue to do this Post-It system for the rest of the week and see if it really does help keep my emotions (and therefore binging) in check. So far I am liking it.


Plus it makes my planner even more colorful..don't you think? :D



Binge eating and emotional hunger probably won't go away after surgery...but if I can find something that works for me and helps keep those urges in check then I am already off to a good start.

No comments: