I started creating two lists for surgery:
Pre-Op (stuff to pack for Mexico) and Post-Op (stuff to have waiting for me when I get home).
From surfing the ObesityHelp.com and VerticalSleeveTalk.com forums, as well as referencing what beliteweight sent me, here is the lists I have made so far. I am sure I will come back and revise this if I add to it. Also...I will make a list of posts like this for others to reference!
Pre-Op List for Mexico
- Using rolling luggage carry-on, on the way home Madi will probably be carrying my laptop bag for me.
- workout/yoga pants (more than likely only bringing a couple pairs since I wont even be in them for part of the time in the hospital)
- Wireless Bra (saw these at Kohl's...will probably just buy one)
- Sports bra and/or a couple tanks with built in bra area (what can I say I like things secure, especially if I can't wear underwire)
- Clean underoos (of course lol)
- Travel size toiletries
- Laptop and laptop bag
- travel case of my fave DVD's
- small firm pillow (for holding against my tummy when standing etc)
- heating pad
- mixing drink bottle
- Gas-x strips
- Girly pads (not even trying tampons after surgery...no bending!)
- flip flops and/or slip on sneaks
- Video Camera (plan to document my experience, It also can take pics)
- zip up hoodie (yes I know May in Mexico and I am bringing a hoodie... )
- My Kindle
- My Nintendo DSi :)
- Mp3 Player
- Syntrex Nectar to-go packets to mix with my water.
- Surgery Socks that I knitted! (To wear to keep my toes from getting cold and to walk around the hospital)
- Vitamin Pack (getting 90 day supply from BRC
- Isopure drink and/or Syntrex Nectar (Leaning towards Unjury for protein drinks after first week of clear liquids, may get the chicken broth protien for first week though)
- instant broth cubes
- SF Jello cups
- Liquid Tylenol
- measuring cups/spoons
- food scale (won't really need til I get to food again)
- baby dishes, forks, and spoons